PS. You can also try to guess who said what! Kind of forgot to add it to the quotes.
Is it only for me or do are you all having a busy May? Anyway, I hope everything is going fine. For me, this days have been tremendously crazy, and will still be for a while, but as I luckily -and not that it is often this days- had some spare minutes, I decided to compile this post. The blogging community is in its majority young, so we could say from the Harry Potter generation and I though you would love some refreshment of how awesome, brilliant and unique those book are. Have a lovely day!
SPOT IT! You know I would never want to bore you, so in order to make this post a little more fun I decided to snick in a fake quote. A famous and smart one, but not from our Harry Potter. Just from someone else. Will you find it? #catchyeye
PS. You can also try to guess who said what! Kind of forgot to add it to the quotes.
Hey guys! It has been quite a while since I did the Flashy Links for the last time... but I'm back with its 4th edition! You know how its works, just random awesome links to articles, videos, posts or whatever cool things I find in the internet so you can enjoy them too! I truly hope you like these ones!
Sooooooooo, let me know if you have any cool links to share too!
Hi lovely people from the world! Life lately has been kind of really busy (you know, studying, volleyball matches, exams again, family dinners and those stuff) so as a result, no time to blog -bad news. But, I somehow managed to get some time between school notes and shoelaces and I have complied a list of my favorite travel movies, all those films that will make your wanderlust grow even more than it was before and just have the desperate need to buy a plane ticket to some wonderful place in the world. It isn't much but I hope you can enjoy it.
Have an awesome week, too!
What are your favorite travel movies?
Sometimes you read a book and it goes away, and sometimes it came to stay. The Perks of Being a Wallflower was one of them, on of the specials ones. I really don't know why or how, but that book stole a piece of my emotions and memories and unexplainably somehow made me think of everything I was about to go. I was the same age as Charlie, the main character, when I read it and that did definitely made a difference. We come from diverse paths but we all found ourselves being fifteen and discovering that life is much extraordinary, though hard, than we expect it to be.
It deals with introversion, with being young and understanding relationships (all of them, from sex ones to sibling ones). It will bring back memories and will make you rethink everything about what happiness can be made of.
This book has all you need for a night read or to bring it around your own world. It keeps beautiful words inside and wise lessons, it keeps joy and despair. I loved it ever since I opened page 1, I loved it because the author does really work on how a person truly feels while hiding some staggering truths about the characters until the very end (that will make you feel astonished, aghast, surprised, stunned, amazed -all at the same time - and finally relieved ) but believe me, it has a beautiful end.
With this book you laugh, you cry, then you smile again but most importantly, you never stop reading it.
Hello people from around the world! How are you all doing? I have been recently a little sick.. you know, the flu got me (and it had a really bad timing). But anyway, I have been able to recover quite fast and now I'm back! Back for what? For The Liebster Award!
You might well be wondering what it is, or maybe you have already heard about it. Well, wether you know it or not I'll just do a quick reminding. This is an award passed from blogger to blogger in which you are expected to answer a series of random questions. And the later, nominate other bloggers. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Here you have a few little easy rules:
I was kindly nominated by Heather from Suncream and Sparkles. Check out her cute blog, and also her Liebster Award post! By the way, thank you very much for nominating me and I'll try to do my best at answering sincerely!
1. What do you like about blogging? This is experience came to me as something totally unexpected. It was a hot summer day when I decided to start doing it, and boom! It has brought to discover many things about the internet, about people and about myself. I truly like how it is a way to keep your experiences and things you learn in life.
2. Three favourite bloggers. Oh, that is a difficult answer. I would have to say Brooke from World of Wanderlust as she is such a big inspiration on traveling and life. And then... Brunch at Audrey's is a lovely one too! Finally, one of my favorite blogs is Style the Natives from Charly, as she is genuinely interesting to read.
3. Do you have any pets? No.... I don't even think i could be responsible enough to look after an animal, so although I sometimes say I have a giraffe, no I don't have any pets.
4. Heels or flats? Flats, obviously. I would fall so hard to the grown if I ever walked with heels. I'm on the comfy side (though I can make exceptions for really important days).
5. One beauty product you couldn't live without. Shower conditioner for my hair, it would be so messy to brush it if they didn't exist
6. Who was your teen celebrity crush? (The one plastered over your bedroom walls!) Mmmh so many! But probably One Direction and Zack and Cody from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (remember the Disney Channel TV series? I used -actually still do- love it)
7. Whats your guilty pleasure? Oh, that is an easy one! Bread with Nutella, it. is. just. too. good. I will never be able to resist it, oh no.
8. If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do?! I would love to get into a president's work desk and see how they spend their time working for their country. 'A Day with a President'. Hey, it would be a really revealing day.
9. Tell me a weird fact about yourself. Weird fact? I literally can't eat yoghurt before 2pm, really really can't. Is that odd enough?
10. Top blogging tip? Be true to yourself and real followers will just come along, and always appreciate what you have, be grateful (that is so so cliché I know but it is true).
11. What song always gets you dancing?! There are probably many songs that could get me dancing but if I have to choose one... I'll say My Way from Frank Sinatra. Such a beautiful song!
Now that all the answering is done... time for nominate bloggers! Here (drumroll please) you have my eleven nominees!
1. Alison from Puppies and Pretties.
2. Lindsey from Travelust.
3. Jamie from Gunters Abroad.
4. Hannah and Jess from Eating with Alice.
5. Olga from The Russian Abroad
6. Amber from amber love
7. Ellen from Ellen's blog.
8. Stella from A Shiny Place.
9. Liz from Liz the Austinite.
10. Mira from Books and Macarons.
11. ML from Sweethearts of the South.
And now coming, your eleven questions:
1. If you could have a superpower, which would it be?
2. Which movie are you excited to see this 2015?
3. Which blogs do you genuinely love?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What annoys you the most?
6. What is that food you can't resist?
7. What is something you can't live without?
8. People make you smile... when?.
9. Which is your favorite place you have visited so far?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. If I had to ask you any question, which would you like it to be? And what would the answer be?
It is often said: life doesn't wait for anybody. And how true is this. It goes and on and when you realize a day, month or a year has already gone away. So, this is the reason why I decided to keep time holding into my memory. What did I do, then? I bought a long blue empty album and started to collect all the tickets, photos and other random stuff I found or was given to me, anything that trapped a story inside it.
There was a New York City map from when I visited the city, a pigeon I made at a Natural History Museum, various tickets from the cinema or other museums, the one and only One Direction concert ticket... and sometimes I do even attempt to make a drawing and I decorate the pages with my little quirky cartoons and randomness.
From time to time I filled with more and more items. A new ticket or another photo. I basically watch it grow. There are many many things that bring a shiny smile to my face every single time I see them, memories I now keep like a treasure inside my book, and inside my heart. Sometimes, I just open the book and have fun remembering all those wonderful things I once did, or I'll show it to some family member or friend, and then we'll remember together (this has just been a little cheesy, I know, don't judge me).
Keep scrolling and discover my little secret memories.
My little tips and tricks:
Come with me to explore my memories.
Whenever I show it to my father, he just always says: 'someday, you will pass through the pages once again and you'll be proud of what you've done'
And you, how do you keep your memories alive?
Some weeks ago, I took a deep breath and decided to read some of these classical books everybody might have heard about it. I wondered which one among the million good books that have been written would be the right choice, and finally made my mind: The Great Gatsby. I know, I know... the movie has just gone out a few months ago, but who cares? Most famous books had a movie after it and that doesn't mean we shall stop reading.
However, I approached to the closest library (as January is a ones of those times of the year where I shouldn't ask my parents to buy me to many things, and you know, libràries can also be pretty awesome - and so interesting) and requestes where the English books where (oh deep breath here again, was I really reading it in English?). It really was an important decision for me: I can (almost) perfectly understand spoken English and the majority of texts, but reading an ENGLISH book in ENGLISH when ENGLISH is not my mother tongue... well, who doesn't love a little challenge?
Vera is a curious girl who was born in Barcelona, yet she considers herself to be a citizen of the world. Her biggest passion is to travel to beautiful places and discover incredible things along her way. She loves traveling, reading and trying tasty meals everywhere she goes. So, will you come with me to explore the world.